Healthy Cooking Made Easier
Cooking Matters: A Free Cooking Workshop Series
Thursdays, 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Mar. 3 | Mar. 10 | Mar. 24 | Mar. 31 | Apr. 7 | Apr. 14
UPDATE: The start of the class has been postponed to Thursday, March 3rd.
The YMCA in partnership with Sedgwick County Extension are excited to offer a series of hands-on cooking classes called “Cooking Matters” to parents through Glenn Park Christian Church. You do not need to be a Y member or a church member. The free series helps families learn to shop for and cook healthy meals on a budget.
This is a 6-week program for adults only (parents or caregivers to children). There is no fee to participate. However, please make sure you will be able to attend at least 5 of the 6 class dates listed.
Weekly topics include:
- Free take-home groceries to try new recipes for your family
- Meal planning and budgeting
- Incorporating more fruits, veggies, and whole grains
- A grocery store tour for affordable, healthy foods
- Hands-on cooling and tasting of nutritious dinner ideas
Space is limited for this free program so Registration is required through Kathy Davis at Glenn Park Christian Church.
For questions or to register for the program, contact:
- Kathy Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org, 316-943-4283
- K-State Extension Office (on Ridge Road), http://www.sedgwick.k-state.edu
Cooking Matters Programming Questions: Tammi Krier, Healthy Eating Director, YMCA, 316-264-4066 ext. 5540, email@example.com